The Fulton Public Library, a gift from Andrew Carnegie, was opened in February 1906. The building is listed on the New York State and National Register of Historic Places (1999). Time, wear and tear, and the elements have left our building in a condition that requires some much needed maintenance and rehabilitation. The Fulton Public Library Board of Trustees has initiated a capital campaign to raise funds in order to address these needs. It is hoped that community support will allow us to successfully compete for New York State construction grants. These grants can provide up to 75 percent of approved costs of construction, renovation, and rehabilitation of public libraries. Thus, a gift to our campaign can result in matching funds that increase the value of the individual donation. The library will also be pursuing other grant opportunities to assist in this process. The goal is to raise $50,000 to begin the process of restoring this historic landmark.
The library wishes to express a big thank you to those individuals and institutions that have generously donated to the campaign: List of donors
Contact the library at 315-592-5159 for information on how to donate or assist.
June 2016: Building Condition Report completed
September 2016: Front exterior of library painted