We have Mobile Hotspots available for our patrons to check out and take home! Here are some things to know about borrowing these useful devices:
- The loan period is 30 days
- They can connect up to 10 devices
- One hotspot per family
- They can't be put on hold through the catalog- please call us at 315-592-5159 to see what we have available and to schedule a pickup time
- No renewals at this time
- They can't be returned in the drop box, please return them to us at the curbside table during our open hours
- For more detailed information and to view our mobile hotspot lending policy, please CLICK HERE or see below.
Mobile Hotspot Lending Policy
In order to improve access to the internet for our community members, the Fulton Public Library is offering Sprint Coolpad Mobile Hotspots for patrons to checkout. These hotspots provide unlimited access to the internet where 4G access is available and can connect up to 10 devices.
- Patrons, 18 years or older, with a North Country Library System library card in good standing can check these devices out for a 30-Day period. The wireless service will be disabled if the device is not returned by the due date.
- In order to ensure as many patrons as possible get the chance to use these devices, after returning a hotspot, patrons must wait 7 days before they are able to check out another device.
- No holds or renewals are allowed and hotspots must be returned to the circulation desk during our open hours. Please do not place Mobile Hotspots in the book return drop-box.
- By borrowing and initiating use of the Library’s hotspot, the user agrees to abide by the Library’s policies and rules, and agrees to hold the Library and its agents harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, obligations, or liabilities, directly or indirectly, relating to the use of the Library’s hotspot and internet access provided by the Library. Deliberate altering of any files or modifying the configuration of Library-owned equipment is strictly prohibited. Unlawful use of the internet or use that violates library policies is prohibited and may result in the loss of privileges.
- Hotspots must be kept in a temperature-controlled environment (not left in vehicles or in extreme temperatures).
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the use of the Hotspot by minors.
If returned late: $1 per day
Lost or damaged hotspot: $195
If returned in drop-box: $5
I agree to the terms and conditions of the Fulton Public Library’s Mobile Hotspot Lending Policy.
Print Name Date
Board adopted February 24, 2020